4–5 cloves of garlic
2 small red chilli peppers
1 organic lemon
16 ounces multicoloured cherry tomatoes
3–4 sprigs of thyme
1 ¾ lb cod fillet
2 tbsp. flour
Freshly ground salt and pepper
5 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp brown sugar
¼ red wine vinegar
16–20 black olives
1/2 bunch of fresh basil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Peel the garlic and onions and chop into strips. Halve the chilli peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut into fine strips. Wash and dry the lemon, halve lengthwise and cut into slices. Wash the cherry tomatoes and strip from the stalks. Rinse the thyme, shake dry, remove the leaves and chop.
- Rinse the cod under cold water, pat dry and cut into 3 cm wide pieces. Season the fish with salt and pepper, turn in flour and brush off any excess flour.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a pan and sear the cod before removing it again. Add the garlic, onion slices and chilli and sauté for around 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and thyme and mix into the onions. Sprinkle the sugar over and allow to melt. Deglaze the ragout with vinegar and a splash of water.
- Bring everything to the boil and reduce over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Place the lemon slices, pieces of fish and olives over the tomatoes and carefully mix in. Cover the fish ragout and finish cooking over a low heat for around 10 minutes. Season with salt.
- Wash the basil, pat dry, remove the leaves from the stems and chop coarsely. Portion the fish ragout on plates and serve with basil and the remaining olive oil (3 tbsp.) drizzled over.
ZWILLING Enfinigy650,00 C$ 399,99 C$
ZWILLING Enfinigy1200,00 C$ 799,99 C$