Monkfish Cocotte with a bacon crust on green cabbage
INGREDIENTS4 small monkfish fillets
8 thin slices of bacon, smoked
1/2 green cabbage
50 g butter
100 ml whipped cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Slice the cabbage with a knife into fine strips. Melt 30 g butter in a cocotte. Add the cabbage and cover with water. Season with salt.
- Simmer covered for about 25 minutes on a low heat.
- Add the cream and thicken to half the volume. Season the vegetables with spices according to taste.
- Crosswise wrap two slices of smoked bacon round each of the monkfish fillets. Melt 20 g butter in a cocotte. Sear each side of the monkfish for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Place the fillets directly in the Cocotte on top of the vegetables. Close the lid and place the Cocotte for 10 minutes in the preheated oven at 360°F (180 °C). Then serve immediately at table from the Cocotte.